Is there an alcoholic drink called kvas?
Submitted by on Thu, 31/03/2016 - 01:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
We do not have detailed information about this drink. We know that it is a kind of beer. If it has the same properties as the beer made from barley, that is, if it includes alcohol, though a little, it is also haram.
After detailed information is given in page 320 of the tafsir book called “Kur’an Ahkâmı” (Decrees of the Quran), the following decrees are listed:
1. Intoxicating drinks are haram no matter what the rate of alcohol in them is. For instance, beer that has two percent or less alcohol is haram. (For, it has intoxicating property. That the amount of alcohol is little does not make it permissible.)
2. If a big amount of something intoxicates, very little amount of it is haram too.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to drink Alcohol-Free Beer?
- Does using products that contain alcohol such as eau de cologne, cream and perfume invalidate wudu and harm prayers?
- What is necessary to do in order to stop using alcohol?
- Is it permissible to have energy drinks? Is it permissible to drink them? What is the religious decree about them?
- What do permissible, sin and haram mean? What are the differences among them? Will you explain them with examples?
- What are alcoholic drinks? How does Islam view the drinks that intoxicate?
- Is it permissible to eat food that includes harmful substances?
- Is every drink or food in which alcohol present haram (forbidden)?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- What are the Harms of Alcoholic Drinks?