Submitted by on Mon, 22/09/2008 - 15:54
Dear Brother / Sister,Menstruation is a natural type of blood that flows at regular intervals from a woman’s uterus after puberty. God has laid down certain rules in connection with this, as a concession to the woman, in consideration of her condition.
Menstruation usually lasts 3 to 10 days and nights, varying from woman to woman. Most women have a regular number of days for their monthly menstrual period. The number of days may fluctuate and the period might come a little early or a little late. So when a woman sees menstrual blood, she should consider herself to be menstruating. When it stops, she should consider herself clean. If more blood appears after her menstrual period has ended, but does not have the same color as menstrual blood, it should not be considered as menstruation.
So, after 4 days of menstruation if the bleeding stops, a women can perform gusl and continue with daily prayers, she doesn't have to wait for 7 days.
Questions on Islam
- Blessed Night
- What is the correct method of offering Qada Prayer? In what way is it beneficial?
- menstruation problem
- Menstruation and Post-childbirth Bleeding
- For a woman who has made a miscarriage, is there a period of waiting to recover? How should be acted if it is not sure whether the organs of the child were formed?
- History of Muharram
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)
- States Peculiar to Women (Menstruation- Puerperium- Excuse)