Orthodox Churches in Saudi Arabia
The Details of the QuestionI heard a story some time ago that I want to verify. I heard that at one point, some people were trying to capture or kill Muhammad and he took refuge in an Orthodox Church. The Church took him in, gave him robes and a false identity to shield him during the search. This impressed him so much that Muhammed granted the permission to have one Orthodox Church in all cities in Saudi Arabia, with the exception of Mecca. Is this story true in any part? Thanks,
Submitted by on Tue, 14/09/2010 - 21:16
Dear Brother / Sister,
This story is not true. There is no supporting information in any sources.
Questions on Islam
- A Christian Minister's Conversion to Islam- Dr. Jerald Dirks (Part 1)
- A Christian Minister's Conversion to Islam- Dr. Jerald Dirks (Part 2)
- Cool to be a Muslim
- Mark Shaffer, American lawyer & millionaire, converted to Islam
- Is it all right to call the People of the Book-the Jews and the Christians- kafir (unbeliever)? How should our relations with the People of the Book be?
- How is fasting performed in Judaism and Christianity? What is the difference between the fasting performed by the Prophet (pbuh) and the one performed by the people of the Book?
- How did the event well known as “the event of elephant” in history take place?
- The Event of the Elephant
- Can you please give information about Ashab Al-Kahf (People Of The Cave)?
- How many nations and tribes were destroyed? Where, how and why?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS