Is it stated in the Quran that Noah's Ark is on Mount Judi?
Submitted by on Wed, 28/04/2010 - 20:33
Dear Brother / Sister,
The 44th verse of the chapter Hud:
“When the word went forth: "O earth! swallow up thy water, and O sky! withhold (thy rain)!" and the water abated, and the matter was ended. The Ark rested on Mount Judi, and the word went forth: "Away with those who do wrong!"
O earth! Swallow up your water! O sky, stop the rain! One should imagine the grandeur and power that those commands express. One should think of the splendor and majesty of the divine sultanate that commands and rules the earth and the sky like that. Who can oppose such a power? The water was drained and the command was fulfilled. That is, the command and judgment of torture was carried out. Those who were destined to drown drowned; those who were destined to be saved were saved. The task was fulfilled. The Ark settled on Mount Judi.
Judi is a large mountain that is also called Musul, al-Jazira, Amid and Damascus. Abu Hayyan says the reason why it is called al-Jazira or Amid is because it is near Musul. It is also said that Judi is a noun meaning any mountain. As a matter of fact, the following couplet of Zayd b. Amr b. Nufayl is like that:
"We glorify Him by saying subhanallah, subhanallah repeatedly. / The mountain and ice glorified Him before us." (See Elmalılı Hamdi, Hak Dini, the interpretation of the relevant verse)
Questions on Islam
- Did the Flood of Noah cover the whole world? Did the humankind continue from Hz. Nuh (Noah)?
- The Flood of Noah
- Prophet Nuh [Noah] (Peace be upon him)
- Third Point: The uniqueness and wondrousness of the Qur'an's style.
- Question 59: How were microorganisms taken to Hz. Nuh’s (Noah’s) Ark and placed? How did Hz. Nuh fit gigantic dinosaurs like Seismosaurus and T-Rex in his Ark?
- A Second, small Objection of Satan: explains the Qur'an's conciseness, which is one of the most important miraculous aspects of the Qur'an, upon the objection of Satan.
- What was the merit that the Arabs of Jahiliyyah took great pride in?
- Surah 11. Hud (Hud)
- The State of Arabia
- What was the religious, ethical and social situation of the humanity and world like before Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) was given the duty of prophethood?