Is it permissible to teach how to read the Quran in return for money?
Submitted by on Mon, 08/11/2010 - 12:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
Although scholars have different opinions regarding teaching how to read the Quran in return for money, they generally decided that it was not haram.
Questions on Islam
- Can you give information about whether the Sunnah is binding, it should be accepted as a mode and it is based on revelation or not?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- Is there a hadith as follows?: "Never will succeed such a nation as lets their affairs carried out by a woman."
- Could you please explain the hadith which means whoever criticizes his brother/sister (in religion) for his/her sin, he will not die unless he commits the same sin?
- How should the verse, “do not sell signs (verses) of Allah for a small price” be understood?
- Why is the language of the Quran Arabic? How can we answer those who regard this as nationalism? Is it not better if we read the translation of the Quran?
- What is the sincere repentance (tawbah nasuh)?
- “And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter……” (al-Baqara,191) What does this verse mean?
- Was our Prophet illiterate? What does illiterate prophet mean? If he could not read and write, how did he read?
- “And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you…” (Surah Hud 11/113) Are we going to be included in the scope of this verse if we have tendency towards the wrong-doers without any malicious intention?