Is it permissible to perform prayers by sitting when there is no appropriate place?
Submitted by on Thu, 26/05/2022 - 14:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the fards of prayer is to stand. Therefore, it is not permissible for a person who can stand to perform prayers by sitting.
A person who performs a prayer in congregation can prostrate on the person in front of him if the place is cramped.
The people who are imprisoned in a very small place like a cell or those who travel by bus or plane can perform prayers by sitting if they cannot prostrate.
Questions on Islam
- How can a person who cannot move his feet and stand on his feet make taharah and wudu, and perform prayers?
- How are prayers performed in a vehicle while traveling?
- What are the things that prayer (salah) makes man gain?
- Will you give information about material and spiritual virtues of prayers? What are the benefits of prayer? What does prayer gain man?
- Will you give information about Allah’s establishing on the throne (arsh)?
- How to perform the witr prayer
- How to perform the morning (fajr) prayer (Sunnah)
- How to perform the morning (fajr) prayer (Fard)
- How is a prostration (sajdah) that is skipped in a prayer performed; does sajdah as-sahw become necessary?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?