Is it permissible to eat the food of Alawites and the flesh of the animals slaughtered by them?
Submitted by on Mon, 28/11/2016 - 12:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is more appropriate not to talk about things that will cause conflict by dealing with madhhabs and sects like Shafii, Hanafi, Alawite and Sunni. The Islamic world needs peace and tranquility. Therefore, we will explain the decree without mentioning this or that sect by stating shortly who is and is not a Muslim:
A Muslim is a person who accepts Islam as a whole, primarily its orders and prohibitions and believes in it. That is, a Muslim is a person who accepts the orders like prayer, fasting, zakah, hajj, wudu, ghusl and prohibitions like murder, fornication, alcohol, interest and gambling. A person who does not believe in them is not a Muslim. A person who believes in them but does not act accordingly is a sinner but still a Muslim. If a person is not a Muslim but is from the People of the Book, - Jewish or Christian - , it is permissible to eat their food.
Since it is permissible to eat what Jews and Christians slaughter and cook, it is definitely permissible to eat what an Alawi slaughters. However, the flesh of an animal slaughtered by a person called an Alawi but who is an atheist cannot be eaten.
Questions on Islam
- is one aloud to have prawn fish
- Is seafood Haram or Halal?
- Is it haram (forbidden) to eat squid (calamari)?
- Why is the flesh of chicken not haram though it eats small animals like worms?
- Is it permissible for people from different madhhabs to marry? Do spouses have to belong to the same madhhab?
- Is it permissible to eat meat without researching who slaughter animals in countries where Jews and Christians are in majority?
- As Eid Al Adha Approaches…
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- If a Muslim or a person from the people of the Book forgets to utter bismillah when he slaughters an animal, is it permissible for a Muslim to say bismillah before eating it and then eat it?
- Could you please give information about Hunting in Islam?