Is it permissible to do different things and to make phone calls during working hours?
- I work as a software developer in a company. Is it permissible for me to different things from which I can earn money when I have time during working hours, and/or to make phone calls related to my extra works and to deal with those works from time to time?
Submitted by on Thu, 08/02/2018 - 14:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
This issue depends on the permission of the employer. If the employer gives consent to it, you can do it. If not, it is not permissible for you to do it.
Or, you can work based products. That is, you can accept a certain work to do it in a week, by working based on the product, not time. You can complete the work in the desired time and do other things in the remaining time based on the consent of the employer.
Questions on Islam
- Can one leave fard prayers intentionally and postpone them to perform later as qada (compensation prayer) because of his/her working hours? Is performing qada every day a sin? Do salahs (prayers) become invalid?
- We know that it is sunnah to bargain in business and shopping. Will you give information regarding the issue?
- Is network marketing religiously permissible? Is the bonus that is gained through the web of sale religiously permissible?
- Future and Options Trading
- When was fasting ordered first? Are there any times when fasting should not be performed?
- Is it permissible to carry a pig in return for a price?
- Questions on Commercial Ethics
- Is it appropriate to pay commission to someone who works in a company that we desire to sell our products to, in order to persuade them to buy your products?
- Is it haram to work in the production of clothes that are contrary to tasattur (hijab), to manufacture and sell them? Is the money earned from them halal?
- It is permissible to buy things from Jews and to do business with them?