Is it not injustice that the ummah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was given the Night of Power (Laylatul-Qadr), which is better than one thousand months, and that it was not given to other ummahs?
Submitted by on Thu, 10/01/2019 - 08:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
1. Our Lord states that the Night of Power is better than one thousand months because He sent down the Book that would guide people up to the Day of Judgment on that night.
2. According to a narration, a man girded on his weapons and made jihad in the way of Allah for one thousand months. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) and the Muslims were astonished by it. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) wanted this for his ummah and said,
‘O Lord! You made the lives of my ummah very short and the deeds very few.’ Thereupon Allah Almighty gave him the Night of Power and said, ‘The Night of Power is better than one thousand months in which that man made jihad.’ (It was reported from Ibn Abbas and Mujahid.)
3. Allah gave opportunities to every ummah based on their time and state. He gave the opportunity of the Night of Power to this ummah.
Questions on Islam
- How was the body language and speaking style of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
- What is the explanation of the chapter of ad-Duha and the reason why it was sent down?
- 4. Makkah Period of Hazrath Muhammad
- Should a Muslim be guided by the Quran or hadiths? Are the Sunnah and Hadiths binding? To what extent are hadiths reliable?
- What is the importance of Friday prayer?
- Will you give information about Musab Bin Umayr?
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?
- How old was Aisha (R.A) when she got married to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Is it true that Hz. Ali did not pay allegiance to Hz. Abu Bakr?
- What are alcoholic drinks? How does Islam view the drinks that intoxicate?