Is it not injustice that the ummah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was given the Night of Power (Laylatul-Qadr), which is better than one thousand months, and that it was not given to other ummahs?
Submitted by on Thu, 10/01/2019 - 08:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
1. Our Lord states that the Night of Power is better than one thousand months because He sent down the Book that would guide people up to the Day of Judgment on that night.
2. According to a narration, a man girded on his weapons and made jihad in the way of Allah for one thousand months. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) and the Muslims were astonished by it. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) wanted this for his ummah and said,
‘O Lord! You made the lives of my ummah very short and the deeds very few.’ Thereupon Allah Almighty gave him the Night of Power and said, ‘The Night of Power is better than one thousand months in which that man made jihad.’ (It was reported from Ibn Abbas and Mujahid.)
3. Allah gave opportunities to every ummah based on their time and state. He gave the opportunity of the Night of Power to this ummah.
Questions on Islam
- What to do on the Night of Power (Laylatul-Qadr)?
- What are the wisdoms behind the fact that the time of the Night of Power changes in Ramadan and that it is secret?
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- May Our Night Of Power (Qadr) Be Blessed
- Laylatul Qadr (Night of Power)
- Ramadan from the Tongue of the Prophet
- Does reading the chapter of al-Ikhlas gain man the reward of a khatm al-Quran?
- Ramadan, the month in which Paradise is decorated
- They say the month of Safar is a "month of misfortunes. Is it true? Is it true that the Prophet (pbuh) was hit by some misfortune and became ill in this month? Is there any worshipping peculiar to this month or a prayer of protection?
- The Night of Barat