If it was Allah who protected Hz. Yusuf from committing sins, how can he serve as an example for us?
Submitted by on Sat, 12/12/2015 - 18:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
- If Allah does not protect people, no one can be free from obeying the suggestions of their soul and Satan. However, along with Allah's protection, there exists the reflection of the free will given to man as a necessity of testing. Hz. Yusuf’s life, which is full of patience, chastity, sincerity and piety, and which was realized based on his will, is the preliminary introduction of this divine protection and a living example for us.
- A person who has not had a certain type of education cannot be a governor or a director; a person who is not skilled at designing buildings cannot be an architect; a person who has not had a certain type of religious education cannot be an imam; similarly, a person who has not had a certain degree of taqwa (piety) will not be protected in principle. If the first comes from the slave, the second will come from Allah.
As a matter of fact, the Prophet reported the following from our Lord in a sacred hadith:
“If my slave approaches Me one span, I will approach him one ell. If he approaches Me one ell, I will approach him one fathom. If he walks toward Me, I will run toward him.” (Bukhari, Anbiya, 50; I’tisam, 14; Muslim, Ilm,6)
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] (Peace be upon him)
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- Prophet Zakariyya [Zacharias] & Yahya [John] (Peace be upon them)
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- What are the rights of a Muslim over other Muslims?
- What does it mean that fasting is a protective shield? How does fasting protect us?
- Prophet Isa [Jesus] (Peace be upon him)