How should we understand the hadith "If a person blames his believing brother for something, he will not die before doing the same thing"?
If the person who blames repents, will he still not die before doing the same thing? For instance, if he blames some oppressors and fasiqs like Abu Jahl and the Pharaoh, will he die as an unbeliever?
Submitted by on Tue, 29/05/2018 - 14:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
The word "believing brother" is used in the hadith. Therefore, a person is not held responsible if he blames unbelievers for their unbelief. Besides, if a person who blames his believing brother repents and ask for forgiveness from him, the same thing will not happen to him inshaallah.
Hz. Jundub narrates:
"The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"If a person reveals and announces the mistakes of others, Allah will announce his mistakes too. If a person does good things in public to show off, Allah will disclose his real intention." [Bukhari, Riqaq 36; Muslim, Zuhd 48, (2987)]
The word for word translation of the hadith is as follows: "If a person makes himself heard, Allah will make him heard. If a person acts hypocritically, Allah will act hypocritically to him."
To reveal a person's mistake that is not known by everybody means to announce it. This is a deed that is rejected by the religion. The Messenger of Allah stated the following:
"If a person covers the mistake of a person in the world, Allah will cover his mistake in the hereafter."
When a person commits some forbidden deeds, he is punished by the opposite of what he wants:
"Punishment depends on the deed."
Questions on Islam
- What is the decree on ghiybah (backbiting)? Is it appropriate to continue backbiting thinking that one asks for forgiving from others? How will one be forgiven by others in the hereafter?
- Is it possible to find glad tidings about forgiveness in the light of the verses of the Quran and hadiths?
- How can we be saved from the sin of slandering?
- Is it permissible for a Muslim to swear at, curse or damn another Muslim? How should a person react to those who swear at him?
- What are the rights of a Muslim over other Muslims?
- Who is the Companion known as "the Translator of the Quran"?
- Could you give information about backbiting?
- "By Allah! If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and you would cry much; you would not taste the pleasures of your women in the beds, and you would go out beseeching Allah." Will you explain this hadith?
- Is the following statement a hadith: “If a person eats seven ajwa dates, poison and magic will not affect him”?
- What is the penalty for oppressing with the tongue?