How many maternal and paternal aunts did the Prophet (pbuh) have?
Submitted by on Tue, 29/01/2019 - 09:55
Dear Brother / Sister,
- We understand from verse 50 of the chapter of al-Ahzab that the Prophet (pbuh) had maternal and paternal aunts.
- The Prophet (pbuh) had six paternal aunts. Their names were Bayda, Barra, Atika, Safiyya, Arwa, Umayma. Atika, Safiyya and Arwa were believers.
- The Prophet (pbuh) had two maternal aunts called Farida and Fahita. Both of them died before he was given the duty of prophethood.
Questions on Islam
- Who are the paternal uncles and other elderly relatives of the Prophet? How many paternal uncles did the Prophet have? What are their names?
- Who were the sons, daughters and wives of Abdulmuttalib, the grandfather of the Prophet? Which children did he have from which wives?
- Abu Sufyan Bin Harith (r.a.)
- Tulayb bin Umayr (r.a.)
- Hamna bint Jahsh (r.anha)
- Safiyya bint Abdulmuttalib (r.anha)
- How many years did the Prophet (pbuh) stay with his mother after he returned from Madinah; and did he visit his father's grave during this period?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) marry Hz. Khadijah? What was their marriage ceremony like?
- Who is the first wet-nurse of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- Umm Kulthum (r.anha)