How many maternal and paternal aunts did the Prophet (pbuh) have?
Submitted by on Tue, 29/01/2019 - 09:55
Dear Brother / Sister,
- We understand from verse 50 of the chapter of al-Ahzab that the Prophet (pbuh) had maternal and paternal aunts.
- The Prophet (pbuh) had six paternal aunts. Their names were Bayda, Barra, Atika, Safiyya, Arwa, Umayma. Atika, Safiyya and Arwa were believers.
- The Prophet (pbuh) had two maternal aunts called Farida and Fahita. Both of them died before he was given the duty of prophethood.
Questions on Islam
- How did the tribe of Banu Sulaym become Muslims?
- How was the family of the Prophet (pbuh) brought to Makkah from Madinah?
- What is an illegitimate child? What does the religion of Islam say about this term?
- How did Hz. Umar migrate from Makkah to Madinah?
- How many tribes of Jews were there in Madinah and how was their attitude toward the Muslims?
- Are there any things that were rendered haram by Hadiths?
- When was the first decree of retaliation given?
- How did the Prophet take care of his beard? How wide and long should be a beard of Sunnah?
- How did Hijri calendar start?
- Will you give information about Mariya, the Prophet’s wife?