How did Uyayna bin Hisn the leader of Ghatafans become a Muslim?
Submitted by on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 15:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
Uyayna b. Hisn was the leader of Ghatafans. The fact that the light of Islam was spreading brightly day by day made him think about it. Once he heard the following from an important person:
“O Uyayna! Will you not give up this narrow-mindedness? Muhammad is conquering countries one after another; you are busy with other things. You saw what happened to Sons of Nadr, to Sons of Qurayza on the day of Khandaq, to Sons of Qaynuqa before that and then to the people of Khaybar. They were among the best and strongest Jews of Hejaz.”
Uyayna confirmed the man: “Yes! They took place exactly.”
Eventually, he went to Madinah in the 8th year of the migration just before the conquest of Makkah and became a Muslim. (Tabari, Tarikh, Vol. 3, p. 99; Ibn Athir, Usdu’l Ghaba, Vol. 4, p. 166-167.)
Questions on Islam
- How did Ka'b bin Zuhayr, the poet, become a Muslim?
- How were the kings of Bahrayn, where fireworshippers and Jews lived, invited to Islam?
- When was hajj rendered fard? What verses were sent down regarding the issue?
- How did the representatives of the tribe of Sons of Hilal visit the Prophet (pbuh) and how did they become Muslims?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) lead the janazah prayer of the Abyssinian king, the Negus Ashama?
- How did the tribe of Banu Sulaym become Muslims?
- When did Umm Kulthum, who was the daughter of the Messenger of Allah and wife of Hz. Uthman, pass away?
- When was Hz. Husayn born?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- Will you give information about Musab Bin Umayr?