How did Uyayna bin Hisn the leader of Ghatafans become a Muslim?
Submitted by on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 15:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
Uyayna b. Hisn was the leader of Ghatafans. The fact that the light of Islam was spreading brightly day by day made him think about it. Once he heard the following from an important person:
“O Uyayna! Will you not give up this narrow-mindedness? Muhammad is conquering countries one after another; you are busy with other things. You saw what happened to Sons of Nadr, to Sons of Qurayza on the day of Khandaq, to Sons of Qaynuqa before that and then to the people of Khaybar. They were among the best and strongest Jews of Hejaz.”
Uyayna confirmed the man: “Yes! They took place exactly.”
Eventually, he went to Madinah in the 8th year of the migration just before the conquest of Makkah and became a Muslim. (Tabari, Tarikh, Vol. 3, p. 99; Ibn Athir, Usdu’l Ghaba, Vol. 4, p. 166-167.)
Questions on Islam
- Some Other Incidents of the 8th Year of the Migration
- The Siege of Taif
- The Battle of Sons of Mustaliq
- The Battle of Khandaq
- The Battle of Hunayn
- When was the first decree of retaliation given?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) lead the janazah prayer of the Abyssinian king, the Negus Ashama?
- The Expedition of Ghaba
- The Conquest of Khaybar
- How did the tribe of Banu Sulaym become Muslims?