How can the hardening of the hearts and the movement of the rocks mentioned in verse 74 of the chapter of al-Baqara be explained?
Submitted by on Sat, 30/09/2017 - 10:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
The interpretation of the relevant verse is as follows:
Attention is attracted to the beneficial outcomes about Sons of Israel, whose stubborn characters that worshipped the wrong and whose hearts were softened about revival after death with these mysterious phenomena as follows:
"O Sons of Israel! Your hearts hardened after these incidents. The prophets and the verses and miracles sent through them were of no use to you; your hearts became like stone or harder than stone. For, there are some stonesfrom which rivers (can) gush forth due to divine or natural forces. Your hearts are not affected by anything; therefore, no goodness comes out of them."
"There are some stones which crack and from which water gushes forth or leaks; there are also some stones which fall, roll down and move due to fear of Allah by being affected by incidents like rain, hurricane and earthquake, which are the outcomes of divine power.However, your hearts are not affected at all from clear verses of revelation and definite explanations; they are not influenced by incentives and threats. However, Allah is not unaware of what you do." (see Elmalılı, Hak Dini, ilgili ayetin tefsiri)
Questions on Islam
- Third Point: The lessons given by the verse concerning stones.
- Could you explain the Quranic verse Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of God. (al-Hashr, 59:21)?
- Are Jews cursed?
- First Station: Answers to some objections and delusions about the Qur'an.
- Prophet Musa [Moses] & Harun [Aaron] (Peace be upon them)
- Will you please give information about the life story of Hz. Moses (PBUH)?
- What animals are mentioned in the Qur´an?
- 2. Proofs of Prophethood
- Life in the Grave is True
- Is faith in heart? If so, what sort of situation appears in heart transplantation?