Is the fasting performed as qada in the months of Rajab and Shaban also regarded as nafilah fasting? Can I perform both qada and nafilah fasting together? Or, do I have to perform qada fasting and nafilah fasting on separate days?
Submitted by on Mon, 12/04/2021 - 12:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not appropriate to be engaged in the calculation of thawabs in such deeds of worship. It is necessary to fast for Allah’s consent. Qada fasting cannot be compared to nafilah fasting. The thawab of qada fasting is much more than nafilah fasting. Besides, performing qada fasting in the months of Rajab and Shaban has a different beauty and thawab.
What matters is to fast on those blessed days. It does not mean that fasting has fewer thawabs just because its name is qada fasting. The deed with the most thawabs is the one that is sincere and that is done only for the consent of Allah. It is not appropriate to be engaged in the calculation of fasting to obtain thawabs.
It is necessary to perform qada and nafilah fasting separately. It is not permissible to make intention both as qada and as nafilah for the same fasting.
You had better perform qada fasting first and nafilah fasting after that.
It is important to understand the meaning in fasting and to attain the consciousness of worshipping.
Questions on Islam
- How is kaffarah fasting performed? If a person breaks fasting in Ramadan more than one day, how many times does he have to perform kaffarah fasting? Does kaffarah fasting become necessary if a person does not fast in Ramadan?
- Will you give information about fasting in order to welcome Ramadan or to bid farewell to Ramadan, and the number of days in the month of Ramadan?
- Is it makruh to fast one day before Ramadan?
- When is it appropriate to perform fasting about holy nights; on the day before the night or after the night?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- Will you give information about Fasting in the month of Shawwal?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- Can ransom (fidyah) for fasting be given to a charity organization?
- It is stated that those who perform fasting will enter Paradise through the gate of Rayyan. Will those who do not perform fasting not be able to enter Paradise?