Does dirty water that splash on us prevent prayer? Today, toilets are made of hard substances, which increase the probability of splashing. I act scrupulously and waste water. I expect sound solutions from you if possible.
Submitted by on Thu, 01/12/2016 - 11:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to Hanafi madhhab, if the urine that smears the clothes or the body spreads to an area smaller than the hand palm, it does not prevent prayer. The urine that spreads to an area bigger than the hand palm, it prevents prayer. If more than three grams of solid dirt exists on the clothes or the body, it prevents prayer.
The clean water that falls on a dirty place is not regarded as clean since it is dirtied by impurity. However, if the water that splashes on the body or clothes of a person is not more than one-fourth of the clothes or the organ of the body, it is exempted. The prayer performed with it is valid.
As a matter of fact, urine sprinkles as small as pinpoints that splash on the body or the clothes do not prevent prayer - even if they cover the whole body. For, it is difficult to avoid them.
However, it is sunnah to avoid urine sprinkles and splashing all the time. Roads do not become impure when shoes step on them. This is the view of Imam Abu Yusuf and Imam Muhammad. This is also the accepted view.
(Prof Dr. Wahba Zuhayli, İslam Fıkhı Ansiklopedisi; Celal Yıldırım, İslam Fıkhı).
Questions on Islam
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Will you give detailed information about najasah (impurity) that prevents prayer?
- Things that are regarded clean in terms of Religion
- Tahara (Cleanliness or Purification)
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)
- What is the advice of the Prophet to those who have delusions regarding urine?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- Are mucus and phlegm accepted as 'najis' (dirty) by religion? Do they prevent prayer from being accepted when smudged on the cloth?
- Is it permissible to sell cigarettes?
- I make wudu, wear makeup and perform prayers after that. Is it permissible? Is it permissible to perform prayers after wearing perfume?