Did the Prophet (pbuh) know before he became a prophet that Allah had sent prophets before him? Did the Prophet have information about other nations before he became a prophet?
Did the Prophet (pbuh) know before he became a prophet that Allah had sent prophets before him? In the answer to a question, the story of Hz. Ibrahim is narrated like the stories of other prophets. However, it is stated that the full story of Hz. Ibrahim is not narrated in the Quran and that the part that is not included in the Quran is narrated by the Prophet as a hadith.
Submitted by on Tue, 09/01/2018 - 14:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
Before becoming a prophet, the Prophet (pbuh) knew that prophets had come before him. However, it was not detailed information; he knew only the names. Not only him but also the people living in that age knew about them. As a matter of fact, the people living then had some information about other prophets though incomplete and wrong.
The Prophet (pbuh) was given information other than what is in the Quran by Allah too. This information includes the stories of the prophets too. This information was given to him after he became a prophet. The following is stated in verses 3 and 4 of the chapter of an-Najm:
"Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him."
According to the narration by Miqdam b. Ma'di-Karib, the Prophet (pbuh) said,
"I have been given the Quran and something like it with it. Know it very well that what the Messenger of Allah renders haram is like what Allah renders haram." (al-Hadith wa'l Muhaddithun,12; Qurtubi, Tafsir, 75)
Questions on Islam
- Is it true that there exists an undistorted copy of the Torah? If it is not distorted, how can the signs about the Prophet in the Torah be explained?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- How did the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) believe that he became a prophet?
- What are the wisdoms behind the stories of Prophets?
- What are the Wisdoms Behind the Stories of Prophets?
- Will you inform us about the vow of the Prophet related to Mariya? Did something like that take place?
- The Spread of Islam and the Divine Warning to the Prophet
- The Signs Indicating Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) in the Psalms
- Who is Kabul-Ahbar (Ka'b al-Ahbar)?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Psalms.