“We already know how much of them the earth takes away: with Us is a Record guarding (the full account).” How should we understand this verse?
Submitted by on Mon, 11/07/2011 - 11:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
We already know how much of them the earth takes away: with Us is a Record guarding (the full account). (Qaf 50/4)
This verse informs us that Almighty Allah (SWT) has infinite power along with infinite knowledge because Allah expresses that in the work of recreating there is a role of knowledge and definitely He who knows is capable of creating.
It is not difficult to recreate and give back the basic substances that shape a man after disappearing under the soil since all characteristics have been known and protected. That is why it is not a strange process for Allah (SWT) to give life and resurrect a nation or an individual. (See. Elmalılı, interpretation of the related verse)
The expression given in the verse as “we already know how much of them the earth takes away” means though the organs of dead people are dispersed under the soil, they are not hidden to us. This verse is also an answer to the words of unbelievers "What! when we lie hidden and lost, in the earth shall we indeed be in a creation renewed?" (as-Sajda, 10) (Razi, XX, 261)
It is easy to understand with the help of scientific proofs that the recreation of human body is reasonable though it is decayed and mixed with soil in a grave. It is possible to determine the general and hereditary characteristics such as eye, hair and skin color, his/her likes, dislikes, interests and behaviors from a single DNA molecule. That is why there is a possibility of making an identical copy of us; that is to say, it is possible for a man to be recreated by Allah (SWT).
The growth and development of some plants from a single seed or a leaf is an example of this truth. Allah, who is capable of putting a huge tree into a small seed, can put all of the characteristics into all genes of man and protect them and recreate him on the day of resurrection.
Questions on Islam
- "We already know how much of them the earth takes away: With Us is a record guarding (the full account)." (Qaf, 50/4) How should we understand this verse?
- Are there concrete proofs about the existence of Paradise and Hell?
- Surah 50. Qaf ((the Letter), (Q))
- What are the evidences related to the existence of the hereafter?
- What are the Stages of Life in the Hereafter?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Could jinn find lost things, by knowing the Unseen?
- What if our father Adam would have not ever been eat that fruit?
- Al-Asma Al-Husna (The most Beautiful Names)
- Will you give information about Allah's names?