The following is reported from in the Musnad of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal from Hafsa, the wife of the Prophet (pbuh):
“There are four things that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) never abandoned:
Fasting on the day of Ashura, fasting three days every month, fasting ten days
in the month of Dhul-hijjah and performing two rak'ahs before the morning
prayer. Kutub as-Sitta
- What is the judgement and virtue of fasting on the day of Arafah? How should we make use of the day of Arafa?
- I missed the first day of fasting in the month of Dhul-Hijjah. Is fasting on the remaining days like other supererogatory (nafilah) fasting?
- Is it necessary to perform fasting on the day of arafah in the fasting of the first ten days of “Dhul-Hijjah”?
- May our new Hijri Year be Blessed
- On what day is it necessary to fast in the month of Muharram?
- Is there a kind of worshipping peculiar to the Arafah of (the day before) Eid al-Fitr?
- Will you inform us about the vow of the Prophet related to Mariya? Did something like that take place?
- Could you give information about the day of Ashura and dessert of ashura? Is it inconvenient to mourn on the day of Ashura?
- Some other important events of the 2nd Year of Hijrah