The following is reported from in the Musnad of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal from Hafsa, the wife of the Prophet (pbuh):
“There are four things that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) never abandoned:
Fasting on the day of Ashura, fasting three days every month, fasting ten days
in the month of Dhul-hijjah and performing two rak'ahs before the morning
prayer. Kutub as-Sitta
- Is it necessary to perform fasting on the day of arafah in the fasting of the first ten days of “Dhul-Hijjah”?
- What is the judgement and virtue of fasting on the day of Arafah? How should we make use of the day of Arafa?
- I missed the first day of fasting in the month of Dhul-Hijjah. Is fasting on the remaining days like other supererogatory (nafilah) fasting?
- Should I finish Dhul-Hijjah fasting on the first day of eid by breaking the fast by eating a piece of meat from the sacrificed animal?
- Will you inform us about the vow of the Prophet related to Mariya? Did something like that take place?
- On what day is it necessary to fast in the month of Muharram?
- Nafila (supererogatory) Fasting
- May our new Hijri Year be Blessed
- Can you inform us about the Fast in the month of Dhul Hijjah, ten days, the ten nights