What is Haram?
The things that are definitely forbidden to do, use, eat, drink by our religion are haram; for instance, drinking alcohol, gambling, committing fornication, killing a person, backbiting and slandering... If something or a deed is rendered haram due to the harm, evil and dirt that it intrinsically possesses, it is called haram liaynihi or lidhatihi; for instance, pork and wine. If something is rendered haram not because of its own nature or quality but because of an external reason like the way of obtaining it, it is called haram lighayrihi (indirectly); for instance, stolen bread, grabbed money...
- What is Haram?
- Why is fornication haram? What is the reason why this deed, which does not harm anyone, is haram?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- Is it permissible to eat food that includes harmful substances?
- Is it haram to work in a factory that produces wine/alcoholic drink? If it is haram, is it necessary for a Muslim to give up that job?
- Is it permissible to drink alcoholic drinks such as (araq and beer) excluding the wine, to the limit that will not get a person drunk?
- Does using products that contain alcohol such as eau de cologne, cream and perfume invalidate wudu and harm prayers?
- What is the wisdom behind the gradual prohibition of alcoholic drinks?
- What do permissible, sin and haram mean? What are the differences among them? Will you explain them with examples?
- Is there an alcoholic drink called kvas?