The Third Proof: The Proof of Dignity
Is it at all possible that the Glorious and Dignified Possessor of this realm should not chastise the discourteous and disrespectful people in a way befitting His glory and dignity?
Is it at all possible that the Glorious and Dignified Possessor of this realm should not chastise the discourteous and disrespectful people in a way befitting His glory and dignity? That chastisement and punishment is almost nothing in this world. So, there is, and should be a place for requital somewhere else.
In this proof, we shall open a gate to the Hereafter through names “Glorious One” and “The Dignified One” First of all let us see the glory and dignity and get to the Dignified One and Glorious One. Then, let us pass to glory and dignity’s necessitating the Hereafter.
STEP 1: WHO IS THE POSSESSOR OF THE GLORY AND DIGNITY VISIBLE TO OUR EYES IN THE UNIVERSE?
Aziz (Mighty) as a name of God Almighty: Aziz, being a name of God Almighty, means God’s being the Glorious One, His being the greatest of all beings, His being superior all the time and His creatures obeying Him and not being disrespectful towards Him.
Yes, God Almighty is Aziz. When we look at the universe and see that –due to the mystery of testing- apart from men,
• From the sun, the moon and the earth to the smallest creatures, everything carries out their duties with perfect attention.
• No creatures transgress their boundaries.
• The huge sun and the stars cannot act in a disorderly way.
• None of them remains behind and cannot be disobedient to Him.
• Everything moves in a circle of obedience.
The fact that everyhting is in a general obedience proves that they move with the order of the One Who is Dignified and Glorious.
We do not wish to prolong the manifestations of the names Mighty and Glorious One. Whoever wishes to ponder over those names, let them look at the high mountains, vast oceans, the storms in the sea, vast deserts, the moon, the sun and the stars. He will hear that all of them are saying “O Mighty, O Mighty”. Each creature to which greatness has been bestowed is a mirror of His name Mighty.
Or, if he wishes to see other manifestations of Mighty and Glorious One, let him look at the remains of the older nations that were perished. If he cannot, let him listen to the Qur’an because the name “Aziz (Mighty)” is seen in the nations that were perished.
STEP 2: THE FACT THAT THE NAMES MIGHTY AND GLORIOUS ONE NECESSITATE THE HEREAFTER
We said in the beginning: Is it at all possible that the Glorious and Dignified Possessor of this realm should not chastise the discourteous and disrespectful people in a way befitting His glory and dignity. No way! Boundless glory and dignity requires the chastisement of the discourteous people.
However, in this world, there is not any chastisement befitting His Glory and Dignity. The oppressor usually retains his power, and the oppressed people are usually humiliated, as they both depart and migrate from this realm. Their affairs are,then, left to the same Supreme Tribunal.
On the other hand, there may be worldly punishments, too, like the blows inflicted on some rebelling, stubborn nations. Those chastisements show and prove that man is not unowned and may any time be subjected to a blow of divine dignity.
Is it at all possible that man should have an important duty and skill among other men and then:
• In return to God Almighty’s making Himself known by His so many magnificent works, man should not know Him,
• In return to His mercy making itself loved through all those fruits, man should not make himself loved through worshipping,
• In return to showing His love and mercy to man with lots of bounties, man should not thank Him, and murders should be unpunished, man should be unowned, and the Mighty One should not prepare a place of requital? It is impossible!
We can sum up this proof as follows:
1. The general obedience in the universe and the divine blows inflicted on the rebellious nations, make the Mighty and Glorified One known to us.
2. Glory and dignity wish to chastise the discourteous people, and punish the rebels. The dignity and glory can only be preserved in this way.
3. In this world , even though there are some divine blows to the oppressors and rebels, mostly, the rebels and the rebellious nations pass away from this world without any punishment.
4. Now this situation proves that there is and, should be, a Supreme Tribunal somewhere else so that dignity and glory may thus protect its grandeur.
5. That is, to deny the Hereafter is only possible through denying God’s names, the Most Dignified One and the Most Glorious One. To deny those names is only possible through denying the general obedience and the blows inflicted upon the rebelling nations. If all this is not denied, acting upon the rule: “Acts cannot be without doers”, one needs to accept the owner of the general obedience and those divine blows. Having accepted that, one needs to agree that He should bring the Hereafter.
To sum up: The one who cannot deny the glory visible to our eyes, cannot deny the Hereafter, either. We have nothing to say for the one who denies something which he sees with his eyes.
- Belief in the Hereafter # 3: The Proof of Dignity
- Belief in the Hereafter- The Proof of Dignity
- Al-Aziz (The Mighty)
- Second Truth: The indication of the truths of generosity, mercy, greatness and glory along with the names of Generous and Merciful to the hereafter.
- Third Truth: The proofs of wisdom and justice in this world and the indication of the names of Wise and Just to the hereafter.
- The First Proof: The Proof of Sovereignty
- Belief in the Hereafter # 1: The Proof of Sovereignty
- Al-Mudhil (The Disgracer, The Dishonorer)
- Second Aspect: The generosity of the ruler of the Kingdom requires rewarding and His justice requires punishment and thus it becomes a proof for a "Supreme Tribunal".
- Twelfth Aspect: The duties and equipment given to the highest ranking officers in the army of the King in the simile indicate an eternal realm. The message brought by the highest ranking aid-de-camp of the King.