Is there any encouragement to Jihad in the Hadiths?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has encouraged believers to Jihad in many of his sayings. We would like to give some of those Hadiths as examples.
1. He who fights in the cause of God has the highest rank among all mankind.
2. Once a man asked to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), If is there any other deed which is equal to Jihad? Messenger of God (pbuh) replied, I do not know any deed which is equal to Jihad.
3. When one of the companions of God's Messenger (pbuh) came upon a mountain path containing a small spring of fresh water, which delighted him he expressed a desire to withdraw from the people and stay on the path. He mentioned that to God's Messenger who replied, "Do not do it, for when any of you remains on God's path it is more excellent than prayer in His house for seventy years. Do you not want God to forgive you and bring you into Paradise? Fight in God's cause. He who fights in God's cause as long as the time between two milkings of a she-camel will be assured of Paradise."
4. My communitys journey is to wage war in the cause of God (i.e. Jihad) This hadith draws attention to the difference between the tourist travel and the journey in the cause of spreading Gods religion. Traveling without any sublime cause, just visiting historical places, and ruins is indeed not comparable with journeying to spread the religion of God.
5. If one dies without fighting in the cause of God or without believing it to be his duty, he will die with one characteristic of hypocrisy in him. This hadith is to develop a duty to take an action. A believer who has secluded himself is a dangerous one. A believer should embark on a journey in the cause of God or at least should wish for it.
6. I would have loved to be martyred in Gods cause and then made alive, and then martyred and then made alive, and then again martyred in His cause."
7. "One night of guard duty in the cause of God the Exalted is better than the entire world and everything that exists in it- a thousand nights stood in prayer and days of fasting.
8. There are two eyes, which the Fire shall not touch: the eye, which wept for fear
of God, and the eye, which passed the night on guard in the way of God.
9. "No two feet that get dusty for the sake of God will ever meet in the
Fire of Hell. Those who journeys in the cause of conveying Gods religion, believe in the comprehensiveness of the hadith.
10. Paradise is under the shadows of swords
1-Bukhari, Jihad, 2
2-Age. Jihad, 1
3-Tirmidhi, Fadailu`l-Jihad, 17
4-Abu Davud, Jihad, 6
5-Abu Davud, Jihad, 17
6-Bukhari, Jihad, 7; İbnu MaJa, Sunan, Jihad, 1
7-Bukhari, Jihad, 73; Tirmidhi, Fdailu`l-Jihad, 26
8-Tirmidhi, Fadailu`l-Jihad, 12
9- Mishkat al-Masabah, 2/349, no. 3794, Tirmidhi, Fadailu`l-Jihad, 7
10-BuKhari, Jihad, 22
- ABDESTİN MEKRUHLARI
- Mehmet Paksu
- ABDESTİN SÜNNETLERİ
- İSLAMIN RÜKÜNLERİ
- Three Unknown Features of the month of Muharram
- Will you give information about the dates of Ramadan and holy nights changing every year?
- According to a hadith narration, Satan states that it is enough to read ayah al-kursi in order to be protected from the evil of Satan from the night until the morning. Can what Satan said be true?
- What is belief in the angels?