Sixth Satanic Stratagem: The desire for physical comfort and neglecting one’s duty.
SIXTH SATANIC STRATAGEM
It is this: they take advantage of the human characteristics of laziness, the desire for physical comfort, and attachment to other duties. Yes, the satans among jinn and men attack from every angle. When they see those from among our friends whose hearts are stout, intentions pure, loyality strong, and enterprise, elevated, they attack from other points. As follows:
In order to put a stop to our work and discourage from our service, they profit from their laziness, desire for physical comfort, and attachment to other duties. They keep people from the service of the Qur’an with every kind of trick, so that without their being aware of it, they find more work for some of them. Then they cannot find the time to serve the Qur’an. And to some, they show them the enticing things of this world, so that arousing their desires, they become slack in their service; and so on. These ways of attack are lengthy, so, cutting them short, we refer them to your perspicacious understanding.
And so, my brothers, take great care: your duty is sacred, your service, elevated. Every hour of your time may acquire the value of a day’s worship. Be aware of this and do not waste any of them!
O you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other; and fear Allah, that you may prosper.1 * And sell not My signs for a miserable price.2 * Glory to your Sustainer, the Lord of Honour and Power! [He is free] from what they ascribe [to Him]! * And peace be on the prophets! * And praise be to Allah, the Sustainer of All the Worlds.3
Glory be unto You! We have no knowledge save that which You have taught us; indeed, You are All-Knowing, All-Wise!4
O Allah! Grant blessings and peace to our master Muhammad, the Beloved Unlettered Prophet, of Mighty Stature and Exalted Rank, and to his Family and Companions. Amen.
1. Qur'an, 3:200.
2. Qur'an, 5:44.
3. Qur'an, 37:180-2.
4. Qur'an, 2:32.
- Sixth Section, which is the Sixth Booklet (the Stratagems of Satan and Remedies of Salvation): To warn students and servants of the Quran against being deceived by them.
- Third Satanic Stratagem: Greed and ambition.
- Fourth Satanic Stratagem: Nationalist feelings.
- Third Stopping-Place: The point of views of the people of misguidance and the people of guidance on the worldly life.
- Second Stratagem: The vein of fear.
- Fourth Matter: It mentions positive nationalism that enlivens social life.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- How can the problem of evil be solved?
- Thirteenth Letter includes answers to the state of Badiuzzaman Said Nursi in his exile life, and the questions why he did not apply for a permission document and why he stayed away from politics.
- Special File of Sexuality Test