Second Warning: The role of five daily prayers in meeting the daily needs of the heart.
O my stomach-worshipping soul! Every day you eat bread, drink water, and breathe air; do they cause you boredom? They do not, because since the need is repeated, it is not boredom that they cause, but pleasure. In which case, the five daily prayers should not cause you boredom, for they attract the needs of your companions in the house of my body, the sustenance of my heart, the water of life of my spirit, and the air of my subtle faculties. Yes, it is by knocking through supplication on the door of One All-Compassionate and Munificent that sustenance and strength may be obtained for a heart afflicted with infinite griefs and sorrows and captivated by infinite pleasures and hopes. And it is by turning towards the spring of mercy of an Eternal Beloved through the five daily prayers that the water of life may be imbibed by a spirit connected with most beings, which swiftly depart from this transitory world crying out at separation. And being most needy for air in the sorrowful, crushing, distressing, transient, dark, and suffocating conditions of this world, it is only through the window of the prayers that a conscious inner sense and luminous subtle faculty can breathe, which by its nature desires eternal life and was created for eternity and is a mirror of the Pre-Eternal and Post-Eternal One and is infinitely delicate and subtle.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- First Warning: A delusion that causes boredom: "The fancy of living forever".
- Isn't it difficult to perform daily prayers five times every day? What is your advice?
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, doesn’t it become wearying?
- Second Warning by Badiuzzaman Said Nursi Regarding Prayers
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, it becomes wearying. What should we do?
- The Twenty First Word: First Station: The answer to the following objection, “Performing prayers five times every day becomes wearying.”
- 2. Prayer
- Heaven and Hell
- Eighth Matter: Is the translation of the Quran and sentences of dhikr possible?
- The Twenty-Eight Word: Answers to a number of questions about Paradise. Do material pleasures along with the pleasure of marriage exist in Paradise?