The Second Table: indicating the reality of the world of the people of guidance, those with easy hearts.
THE SECOND TABLE
[The Table indicating the reality of the world of the people of guidance, those with easy hearts.]
Then the heedlessness passed, -- And I saw the light of truth clearly.
Existence became the proof of Allah; -- See, life is the mirror of Allah.
The mind became the key to treasuries. -- See, transience is the door to permanence.
The spark of perfection died, -- But, behold the Sun of Beauty!
Separation became true union; -- See, pain is pure pleasure.
Life became pure action; -- See, eternity is pure life.
Darkness became the container of light; -- See, there is true life in death.
All things became familiar; -- See, all sounds are the mentioning of Allah.
All the atoms in existence – -- See, each recites Allah’s praises and extols Him.
I found poverty to be a treasury of wealth; -- See, in impotence is perfect strength.
If you find Allah, -- See, all things are yours.
If you are the slave of the Owner of All Things, -- See, His property is yours.
If you are arrogant and claim to own yourself, -- See, it is trial and tribulation without end;
Experience its boundless torment; -- See, it is a calamity most crushing.
If you are a true slave of Allah, -- See, it is a limitless pleasure and ease.
Taste its uncountable rewards, -- Experience its infinite happiness...
* * *
[Twenty-five years ago in Ramadan after the Afternoon Prayer, I read Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qadir Geylani’s composition in verse about the Most Beautiful Names. I felt a desire to write a supplication with the Divine Names, and at that time only this much was written. I wanted to write a supplication similar to that of my holy master, but, alas! I have no ability to write poetry and it remained deficient. Nevertheless, the supplication was added to the Thirty-Third Letter of the Thirty-Third Word, known as the Thirty-Three Windows, then was included here on account of its ‘station’.]
He is the Enduring One
The Wise Judge of affairs, we are under His decree;
He is the Just Arbiter; His are the heavens and the earth.
The One Knowing of the secrets and hidden matters in His dominions;
He is the All-Powerful, Self-Subsistent; His is all from the Throne to the ground.
The Perceiver of the fine points and embroideries in His art;
He is the Creator, the Loving One; His is the beauty and the splendour.
The Glorious One Whose attributes are reflected in the mirrors in His creation;
He is the Lord, the Most Holy; His is the might and the grandeur.
The Originator of creatures; we form the embroideries of His art;
He is the Constant, the Enduring One; His is the dominion and eternity.
The Munificent Bestower of gifts; we are the caravan of His guests;
He is the Provider, the Sufficer; His is the praise and laudation.
The Beauteous Granter of gifts; We are the weavings of His knowledge;
He is the Creator, the Faithful; His is the munificence, the giving.
The Hearer of plaints and supplications in His creation;
He is the Merciful, the Healer; His are the thanks and the praise.
The Pardoner of the faults and sins of His servants;
He is the Oft Forgiving, the Compassionate; His is forgiveness and acceptance.
O my soul! Together with my heart, weep and cry, and say:
I am ephemeral; I do not want one such as that.
I am impotent; I do not want one such as that.
I have surrendered my spirit to the Most Merciful; I do not want another.
I want one, but I want an eternal friend.
I am a mere speck, but I want an eternal sun.
I am nothing, but nothing, yet I want these beings, all of them.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
A fruit of the pine, cedar, juniper, and black cypress trees in the uplands of Barla: A work of thoughts in Persian.
- The Thirty-Third Word: It explains that there is a window opening to Almighty Allah in everything with thirty-three examples.
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- Third Stopping-Place: The point of views of the people of misguidance and the people of guidance on the worldly life.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- About the Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH)
- The Eleventh Word: The meanings that prescribed prayers express. The aims of the creation of senses and faculties of man. The nine aims of human life.
- Fifth Truth: The indication of the truth of Mercy whose works are seen in the world of living beings, Hz. Muhammad (PBUH) and the names of Answerer of Prayer and Compassionate to the hereafter.
- The First Addendum to the Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains the interpretation of the following verse and states the importance of supplication (dua): “O people! No importance would your Sustainer attach to you were it not for your supplication.”
- Does rebelling because one’s prayer is not accepted eliminate prayers in the past?
- About death