Quranic Verses about Prayer
PRAYER, THE LIGHT OF MY EYE
“Prayer is the Pillar of the Religion.”
“Prayer is the Ascension of the Believer.”
“Prayer is the Key to Paradise.”
“Prayer is conversation with Allah.”
Quranic Verses about Prayer
“Verily I am Allah: there is no god but I: so serve thou Me, (only) and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.” (Taha, 14)
“By men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the Remembrance of Allah nor from regular Prayer, nor from the practice of regular Charity: their (only) fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed (in a world wholly new).” (an-Nur, 37)
“Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish Regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.” (al-Ankabut 45)
“But after them there followed a posterity who missed prayers and followed after lusts: soon, then will they face Destruction.” (Maryam 59)
“Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds. Except the Companions of the Right Hand. (They will be) in Gardens (of Delight); they will question each other And (ask) of the Sinners: "What led you into Hell-Fire?" They will say: "We were not of those who prayed; Nor were we of those who fed the indigent; But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers; And we used to deny the Day of Judgment Until there came to us (the Hour) that is certain.” (al-Muddaththir 38-47)
The Quran orders people to perform prayers with the verses above and tens of similar verses and it shows them the bad results of not performing prayers.
- Are there verses and hadiths about the importance of having talks in which religion is explained at homes?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- What are the dhikrs that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) made?
- Some people claim that not performing prayers is shirk (polytheism) and unbelief. How true is their statement?
- Can doctors who work in the emergency service of hospitals postpone their prayers?
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- Will you give information about material and spiritual virtues of prayers? What are the benefits of prayer? What does prayer gain man?
- What is the rule of delaying prayers beyond their proper times at particular times of education and training at school, what should be done? Is it permissible to perform prayers by combining two prayers?
- What are the traps (tricks) of Satan?
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?