A Miracle is the act of Allah
It is mentioned in the Quran that unbelievers did not find the miracles shown by the prophets sufficient and demanded more miracles or some other kinds of miracles. For instance, they said, “Why speaketh not Allah unto us? Or why cometh not unto us a sign?”.55
The prophets said to those people who were not persuaded by the miracles they showed with the permission of Allah and who did not have the intention of believing but asked many impossible things as excuses the following: “We are only messengers chosen among people; we are messengers appointed to call people to Allah and the truth and to warn people of the torture; miracles take place by the power of Allah; we cannot show any miracles without the permission of Allah.”56 It is understood from those verses and similar verses that miracles take place as a result of the wish of Allah and that they are not wonders that prophets show through their own powers.
55 See; al-Isra, 91-96; al-Baqara, 117-118
56 See; al-Ankabut,59-60; al-Isra,90-96; Tajrid trns., IX, 284
- In the Surah Al-Isra, verse 27, it is stated that, Surely squanderers are ever brothers of satans How should we understand this verse?
- Why are Jews so hostile to Muslims? The following is stated in the Torah: “As for the towns of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not let anything that breathes remain alive.” How can it be possible?
- Will you please give information about the miracles of the Prophet mentioned in the Quran?
- What are the miracles of Prophet Moses?
- How would you answer those who deny miracles by saying, “Did the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) have miracles but we are not aware of them”?
- Is it stated in the Quran that "ten afflictions" were sent to Egypt? If yes, what are they?
- The Miracle of the Quran
- Was the Prophet (pbuh) given any miracles? They say there is a verse in the Quran stating that he was not given a miracle.
- How old was the Prophet when the miracle of Night Journey (Isra) and Ascension (Miraj) happened?
- Were prophets of jinn sent to the jinn who lived in the world before Sons of Adam were created?