Is it a sign that the Quran was copied from the Torah as it mentions the names of the prophets sent in the Middle East?
It is reported by a hadith that 124 000 prophets were sent throughout the history of the humanity. As a matter of fact, it is stated in the Quran that prophets were sent to all of the ummahs and communities.
Verily Allah will not deal unjustly with man in aught: it is man that wrongs his own soul. (Yunus 44)
For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command) "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil". (an-Nahl 36)
The names of the very few of those prophets are mentioned in the Quran. Those prophets whose names are mentioned lived in the Middle East.
It is not possible for the Quran to mention the names of 124 000 prophets. As a matter of fact, although there were many prophets that lived in the Middle East apart from the ones whose names are mentioned in the Quran, their names are not mentioned in the Quran.
The prophets that are mentioned in the Quran were those who were known by the community especially by Christians and Jews. The Quran aims to teach people by giving them examples from the lives of the Prophets that people living at that time knew.
The fact that the prophets mentioned in the Gospel and the Torah are also mentioned in the Quran shows that all of those books are the word of Allah and that they all come from the same source. The issues that are mentioned are not the copies of one another because belief in Allah, Prophets and Books are issues that are present in all divine books. All of the divine books and prophets were sent down so that they would inform people about the issue.
- What is the difference between the Quran and the Torah?
- Which prophets came between Prophet Musa (Moses) and Prophet Isa (Jesus); was Judaism the religion they conveyed?
- How would you answer the claims that the incidents like the Deluge of Noah (Nuh) and the Red Sea being split into two are mentioned in the Sumerian, Babylonian and Egyptian resources and that they were copied from those resources?
- Did Prophets emerge only in Mesopotamia and Arabia?
- Who is Kabul-Ahbar (Ka'b al-Ahbar)?
- Why there are conflicts between religions although they believe in the same Allah?
- Were the books that were sent before the Quran (the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel) distorted and changed?
- Is it true that there exists an undistorted copy of the Torah? If it is not distorted, how can the signs about the Prophet in the Torah be explained?
- How did the Bible change?
- What does distortion mean? Could you please explain How the Torah and the Gospel were distorted?