Is it brutality to sacrifice animals?
It is accepted as brutality by some authors to sacrifice some animals by slaughtering their throat in the purpose of performing that religious duty and worship, and therefore, some criticism is directed towards the religion of Islam. Those who put forward those views ignore this fact: The meat obtained by sacrificing animals is an invaluable protein source which is indispensably important for people. That is why, today all over the world, countless animals are being slaughtered only for nourishment in the slaughterhouses and they are consumed as a source of nutrition.
There is no source which can replace meat in the world. With this regard, objecting to animals’ being sacrificed as a source of nutrition and considering it as a brutality is not only against common sense but also is irrational. Since the first era, human beings have been taking nourishment that way.
Ignoring that fact and taking objection to sacrifice only because it is a religious duty can be only an ideological attitude. Actual brutality is to kill people. They must try to stop it if they can. Trying to save the rights of people who are slaughtered by modern world is more relevant and to the point than taking objection to sacrificing animals, which were created as a source of nutrition for human beings.
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- As Eid Al Adha Approaches…
- What are the conditions that are necessary for the animals to be sacrificed? Which defects prevent an animal from being sacrificed?
- We see that some people slaughter a sacrifice on behalf of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Is it permissible to slaughter a sacrifice on behalf of people who passed away?
- What does qurban (sacrificing an animal) mean? Why do Muslims sacrifice animals? What are the wisdoms behind it?
- Will you give detailed information about aqiqa sacrifice? Why are two animals sacrificed for a boy and one animal for a girl?
- How did the incident of the Prophet's father, Abdullah, being vowed to be sacrificed take place?
- Question 55: I do not believe in Islam. If there is an order in the universe arising from chaos and if Allah created the order, who created chaos?
- Is it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by Non-Muslims?