How should dhikr (mentioning the name of Allah) and dua” (prayer, supplication) be made after salah (prayer), Should it be performed loudly or silently?
Performing the dhikr and dua silently is sunnah. For, the dhikr and dua were not performed loudly during the era of bliss and four caliphs (al-Khulafa ar-Rashidin). However, if the congregation (jamaah) is ignorant, it should be performed loudly until it is taught, after it is taught, it should performed silently.
Since the new people of present time who do not know how to perform dhikr and dua join congregation (jamaah), it is much better that the dhikr and dua are performed loudly by the muezzin.
- Is there any objection for the imam to return his back to jamaah (congregation) during tasbihat (glorification of Allah) and perform tasbihat and make dua?
- Reciting aloud while performing prayer
- Should we say Amin silently or loudly after the recital of the chapter al-Fatiha in prayers?
- Will you please give information about qira'ah (recitation) loudly or silently in supererogatory (nafilah) prayers?
- Is there a hadith that states, "If the Imam leads the prayer properly, its thawab (reward) will be given both to the jamaah (congregation) and the Imam. If he leads it deficiently, the responsibility belongs to the Imam only."?
- Jama’ah Salah (Prayer in Congregation)
- Eid and Eid Prayers
- Prayers in Congregation
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).