How did it occur that spirits promised to Allah (SWT) in pre-eternity? Is it something symbolic?
Saying that The Misak (Promise) (1) is a divine guidance through representation and metaphor, some interpreters say as follows, This is a metaphor. That human beings have been created in a way to be able to know about dominicality of Allah (SWT), in one respect, has been regarded as if they did really witness such an event.
Most of the Quran annotators are of the opinion that both divine speech and the answers that spirits gave had truly happened and not a symbolic one. Mehmed Vehbi, one of the outstanding annotators of the Quran, expresses this opinion as follows: Even though it is probable for them to answer with the manner-tongue without giving mind and life, the more probable one is that He gave mind, life, and speech, and showed the proofs to be reminiscent of his Creativity and Dominicality They answered the question with a speech by comprehending it.
We do need to indicate a point. Some verses include the event of The Promise. If one person cannot grasp the event of The Promise in its full sense, he may accept that this is a metaphor by agreeing on the opinions of the scholars who are fewer in this respect. Thus, he may save himself from the scruples of the Satan and would not give opportunity to his evil-self to speak tactlessly. To deny the verses completely is one thing, and to ignore one of the interpretations by adopting one of them is quite another thing.
(1) According to the Islamic terminology, this term refers to an event which is as follows: In pre-eternity, before anything was created, Allah (SWT) gathered the human spirits in His presence and asked them, Am I not your Lord, and all of the spirits replied, Yes, You are our Lord, henceforward, human beings have taken the responsibility and accepted the testing on earth.
- after azaan some qaari again recite azan called salat.
- Are there any hadiths about praying the tahajjud prayer in congregation?
- Does touching break fasting in the Holy month of Ramadan?
- Burning of House by the Prophet (PBUH) if Prayer Congregation is not Attended
- How do you interpret the phrase come to (falah) salvation in azan (call to prayer)?
- TEYEMMÜMÜN FARZLARI
- ARKASINDA ŞÂFİÎ BULUNMASI İHTİMÂLİ OLAN HANEFÎ İMÂMININ DİKKAT ETMESİ LÂZIM GELEN HUSUSLAR
- How is salat (prayer) performed? Can you determine it orderly with photos?
- What is Worship and Why Are the People Held Responsible For It?