Since the divine books other than the Qur’an were distorted, why does the religion of Islam order us to have belief in for them?
As Muslims, we believe in Hz. Moses, Hz. Dawud and Hz. Isa (Jesus) and the divine books that were sent to them; the Torah, the Psalms and the Bible and we have no doubt that they have no ruling against the true religion of oneness. However, these books could not be protected and thus they were distorted.
Now, we cannot say that the books that the Jews and Christians have no parts related with the revelation that were sent to the prophets. However, there is also no doubt that these books contain superstitious and false beliefs. Thus, we always deal with these books cautiously. We accept that the rulings in them which are in compliance with the Qur’an are the products of revelation. We consider the rulings that are against the Qur’an as later additions. We remain silent when the information in them is neither in compliance with nor opposite the Qur’an. We will neither accept nor reject them in that case. For, there is a possibility that the information in these books can either be revelation or not.
Abu Hurayrah (RA) said the following on this issue: «The people of the book used to read the Torah in Hebrew language. And they used to translate it to Muslims in Arabic. On this issue, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said to his companions the following: Do not approve or reject the words of the People of the Book.
Say ye: "We believe, in Allah and the revelation given to us and to Abraham Isma`il Isaac Jacob and the Tribes and that given to Moses and Jesus and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord we make no difference between one and another of them and we bow to Allah (in Islam)."(al-Baqara, 2/136)
- Since the divine books other than the Qur’an were distorted, why does the religion of Islam order us to have belief in for them?
- Why should we rely on scriptures and how much these books are authenticate, how could we identify their authenticity?
- What is the difference between the Quran and the Torah?
- What does distortion mean? Could you please explain How the Torah and the Gospel were distorted?
- The Holy Qur’an; the Preserved Book
- How did the Bible change?
- how can you disprove the jewish religion?
- What happens if the religion of Islam turns out to be a false religion after death and Christians or atheists become the rightful side? In that case, why should I work for Islam? Maybe, the other possibilities are true?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- Jews say that the torah is unchanged, and it is like the quran in the original language (hebrew) and there is also just one version of The torah