Could you give some information about how Islam gives importance to helping each other?
Islam is a religion of helping and benefaction that orders unity and solidarity. Allah (swt) commands in Quran, Help one another in goodness and piety, and do not help one another in sinful, iniquitous acts and hostility (Al-Maidah Surah, 5:2)
In another verse, He (swt) commands, O Humankind! Surely We have created you from a single (pair of) male and female, and made you into tribes and families so that you may know one another (and so build mutuality, and co-operative relationships, not so that you may take pride in your differences of race or social rank, and breed enmities). Surely the noblest, most honorable of you in Gods sight is the one best in piety, righteousness, and reverence for God. Surely God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Al-Hujurat Surah, 49:13)
The addressees of the verse is all humanity not only Muslims as it is clearly understood from the beginning of speech which is O Humankind. Because human is a being that is honorable, and all humans are brothers and sisters in the state of humanity.
Two important basis of helping each other are mercy and compassion. In a verse, by commanding, Surely God is for the people All-Pitying, All-Compassionate (Al-Baraqah Surah, 2:143) people are directed to these high attributes. There are so many Hadiths of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Let us feature two of those here:
Allah is not compassionate to the ones, who are not compassionate to the others. (Muslim Fedail, 66) Mercy is not for the one who is not merciful. (Bukhari Edep, 18)
It is clearly understood from the Hadiths and verses that Islam is based upon helping each other and affection. Anyhow, these attributes are existed in the nature of humans.
Can a religion that adheres to these kind of basis allow oppression, injustice, and defeatism?
- What is Satan? To whom does it come and what does he instill into humans?
- Could you give examples of supplications from Holy Quran?
- What is the decree of Quran about the people who exploit religion?
- Could you define sheikh and murid according to tasawwuf?
- What are the principles and rules, which Muslims have to abide when war is inevitable?
- What benefits does the belief in Resurrection have for the life of this world?
- Did Angels ever come to the help of Muslims according to Quran?
- Could you define sheikh and murid according to tasawwuf and can a Sheikh claim that on the day of judgement he will request Allah to forgive his murid?
- What is the criterion of superiority in the sight of Allah (SWT)? Is there any particular race or nation that Allah (SWT) favors?
- What are the parts of Jihad?