Will you explain the benefits and virtues of getting up early? What are the hadiths regarding the issue?
Submitted by on Tue, 07/03/2017 - 11:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not good to sleep from the time the sun rises to about forty-five minutes after it. What is essential is to go to bed early and to get up early.
It is necessary no to sleep after performing the morning prayer and to start work after reading the Quran, hadith, tafsir and ilm al-hal. Our Prophet (pbuh) said,
"There is blessing and success in the early hours of the morning."
It is necessary to try to get up before the time for the morning prayer starts, that is, at dawn. It is a blessing to get up at dawn. It is harmful in terms of sustenance also to sleep after the time for the morning prayer up to the time when the sun rises. The following is stated in a hadith:
“To sleep after the morning prayer prevents sustenance.” (Bayhaqi, al-Adab, 1/276; Sharani, Lawaqihul-Anwar, p. 295)
The reason for the increasing inefficiency and failure in recent times must be sought in the light of this hadith.
Unfortunately, television faces man as "the enemy of sleeping early". It is necessary to overcome this violent enemy, to go to bed as early as possible, to get up for tahajjud prayer, then to wake up vigorously for the morning prayer before the sunrise, and then to start work without going to bed again. Our grandfathers and grandmothers, whom we know to be fit, vigorous and hardworking, did like this. When this nice custom ceased to exist, health, abundance and peace disappeared.
Questions on Islam
- Is dawn the best time of the night? When exactly is that time?
- Will you give information about arranging time?
- What does spiritual cleaning mean? Will you explain it through examples?
- Can I read Quran without wudhu and lying down on bed?
- What is Dabbatu’l Ard? Has it emerged? Can the Illness of Aids be Dabba?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before the Doom breaks out?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before Doomsday strikes?
- Why does the word "Amin" used in other cultures? Is it a word that was driven from "Amun"?
- What is the criterion for extravagance and generosity? How can we distinguish between extravagance and generosity?
- What kind of a tafsir is Risale-i Nur? Who is Badiuzzaman Said Nursi?