Will there be a trace / sign on the forehead of a person who will remain in Hell for a while and will go to Paradise after that?
Submitted by on Tue, 28/11/2017 - 15:29
Dear Brother / Sister,
We do not know about a narration stating that there will bea trace on the forehead of a person who will come out of a Hell. Even if there is a narration like that, it can be about the last person to leave Hell. And it will aim to show that there is no believer left in Hell. That black mark on the face of that person will be temporary; Allah will remove that mark; He will not distress him. For, Paradise is a place of happiness. If he lives in Paradise with a mark on his forehead, it will distress him. Therefore, even if there is a mark on the face of the last person to leave Hell, it will not be permanent; it will be removed.
Some narrations about the last person to leave Hell:
1. Abu Dharr -radiyallahu anh- narrates: The Prophet said,
“I know the last of the inhabitant of Paradise to enter it and the last of the inhabitant of Hell to come out of it. He is a man who will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said: ‘Present his minor sins to him, and withhold from him his serious sins.’ Then the minor sins will be placed before him, and it will be said:
‘On such and such a day you did so and so and on such and such a day you did so and so.’ He will say:
‘Yes.’ It will not be possible for him to deny. However, after that, he will be afraid lest serious sins will be presented before him. Meanwhile, he will be addressed as follows: ‘In place of every evil deed you will have a good deed.’ Thereupon, he will say: ‘My Lord! I have done things I do not see here.’
According to what Abu Dharr narrates, the Prophet (pbuh) laughed till his front teeth were exposed. (Muslim, Iman, 314)
2. We see in the following narration that Abdullah bin Masud reports that the Prophet laughed:
“The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) stated the following:I know the state of the last of the inhabitant of Hell to be taken out thereof. He will come out of it crawling. It will be said to him:
– Go and enter Paradise! He will go there to enter Paradise. When he looks inside, he will see that the people of Paradise have already settled and that it is full. He will go back and say,
– O my Lord! Everybody has settled; it is full. There is no place to go. He will be addressed as follows:
– Do you recall the time when you were there? He will say,
– Yes my Lord! Then, he will be addressed as follows:
– Then, Express any desire. He expresses his desires. Finally, he will be addressed as follows:
– For you is what you have desired and ten times the world. Thereupon, he will say,
–O Lord! Are You making fun of me though You are the King?
Abdullah bin Masud states that the Messenger of Allah laughed till his front teeth were visible. (Muslim, Iman, 308; Tirmidhi, Jahannam, 10)
3. The Prophet (pbuh) describes the last person to come out of Hell as follows:
This man will come out of Hell by sometimes crawling and sometimes walking; fire will lick his face. Then he will turn to Hell and say:
- Allah, who saved me from you, is high and lofty. I swear by Allah that He has given me a great boon that He has not given to anybody else. (Muslim, Iman 310)
Questions on Islam
- Will there be a trace / sign on the forehead of a person who will remain in Hell for a while and will go to Paradise after that?
- Are mental patients going to enter Paradise?
- Will there be any trace of Hell on the people who left Hell and entered Paradise?
- What is the advice of our religion on issues like laughing, smiling and laughter? Are there any manners of laughing?
- Abu Umama al-Bahili (r.a.)
- Who are the people of A'raf (Purgatory) that will know the People of Paradise and Hell by their faces mentioned in verse 46 of the chapter of al-A'raf?
- How much space will be given to the last person to enter Paradise?
- The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as an ethical model
- "By Allah! If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and you would cry much; you would not taste the pleasures of your women in the beds, and you would go out beseeching Allah." Will you explain this hadith?
- Fourth Point: It is related to the Day of Judgement and Gathering Place.