Who is the first woman Mujtahid (Jurisprudent) in the world of Islam?
Submitted by on Wed, 09/12/2009 - 10:07
Dear Brother / Sister,
Islam gives great importance to learning and teaching science and knowledge. It can be said that the issue of education is a duty and responsibility rather than a right. The Messenger of Allah always encouraged his companions to learn science and knowledge. As a matter of fact, many companions did not lose the enthusiasm for science and knowledge; they always showed the determination of learning and practicing what they learned.
Among the women of the Age of Bliss, Hazrat Aisha has a different place because Hazrat Aisha was a very intelligent, enlightened and shrewd woman.
She corrected the mistakes of many scholars of fiqh since she knew the lifestyle of our Prophet very much. She also explained many hadiths perfectly. She could be called the first woman mujtahid.
Hazrat Aisha reported 2210 hadiths from the Messenger of Allah. She is one of the companions that reported the most hadiths.
Questions on Islam
- Do we need to follow sects (madhabs)? Why? Are there any hadith or verse about this in Quran?
- What is the reason why madhhabs were formed and what are their benefits for people?
- Why is ijtihad necessary? Why did madhhabs choose the way of ijtihad when there was a lack of narrations?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- Will you please give information about Fiqh? What is the aim of Fiqh?
- The Prophet has his Household moved to Medina from Mecca
- Will you give information about the Imams of the four madhhabs?
- What is the Battle of Jamal? There are hadiths about the issue. Did Hazrat Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) and Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) set off to fight for the caliphate? If so, how is it possible?
- Could you please define the characteristics of the interpretation methodology of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? What are the characteristics, content and activities on the subject of interpretation of His ummah (Community of Muslim Believers)?
- What are the reasons for the wars among Ashara al-Mubashshara (Companions)?