What is universal intellect? How should it be understood?
Submitted by on Fri, 04/08/2017 - 16:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
Man’s powers of animal appetites, anger and intellect has been left free in terms of creation; they have not been limited. The reason for it is to ensure man’s development through his partial free will. Therefore, there may be oppression, cruelty and injustice in treatments. It is necessary to be just in order to prevent them.
However, the intellect of each individual is too weak to understand justice fully. Therefore, there is a need for universal intellect so that individuals will make use of that universal will. Such a universal intellect can be in the form of a law. Such a law can be imposed only by Allah.
Then, the book in which theuniversal intellect that will protect man from the extremism of thepowers of animal appetites, anger and intellect and protect the community oppression and transgression is the Quran.
Questions on Islam
- What is Risale-i Nur? Will you give detailed information about it?
- If the God is goodness itself why does evil exist?
- What kind of a tafsir is Risale-i Nur? Who is Badiuzzaman Said Nursi?
- When will Doomsday strike? Is the information that it will strike in the evening true? When it is the evening in a European country, it is the morning in America. How will Doomsday take place then?
- Will you explain the destruction of children and animals in the nations that are destroyed?
- Is the penalty of cutting off the hand of the thief very severe?
- Will you give information about arranging time?
- What are our duties toward our neighbors?
- What is the criterion for extravagance and generosity? How can we distinguish between extravagance and generosity?
- Is it permissible to celebrate father’s day?