What is the religious decree on and penalty of cursing Allah?
Submitted by on Tue, 16/04/2019 - 14:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
A person who believes in something that necessitates unbelief becomes an unbeliever. However, we cannot say that a person who utters something that necessitates unbelief becomes an unbeliever. A word/statement may be unbelief but it sometimes does not make a person an unbeliever. He may have uttered that word/statement because of his ignorance, not unbelief.
Unbelief and belief are things related to the heart. If a person who has uttered a word/statement that necessitates unbelief and if his belief has not left his heart, he does not become an unbeliever just because of uttering that word/statement.
For more information, please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- How should the statement ‘a person who does not perform prayers does not have belief’ be understood? Does a person who does not perform prayers become an unbeliever?
- What things constitute Kufr? like what statements and actions, examples?
- What is Murted? Who is called an apostate; ex-Muslim? Can a Muslim be addressed as kafir (unbeliever)?
- How True is it to Call People as He cannot be a believer? Or Irreligious, Unbeliever, Atheist, Depraved Through Looking at Their External Appearance?
- What is major and minor “Kufr” (unbelief)? Will you explain it by giving examples? How can we protect ourselves from all kinds of unbelief?
- Is it permissible for a Muslim to swear at, curse or damn another Muslim? How should a person react to those who swear at him?
- Does a Muslim who says ‘a nice thing’ for something haram become an unbeliever?
- Will you give information about those who spread the incident of ifk / slander about Hz. Aisha?
- Does a person who abandons prayers deliberately become an unbeliever? What is the decree about a person who does not perform prayers? Is a person who does not perform prayers punished?
- Performing prayers is a great worship; therefore, it is a major sin to abandon performing prayers. Can a person who does not perform prayers be punished?