Were there any Companions whose Quran reading the Prophet liked personally?
Submitted by on Mon, 11/07/2016 - 18:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
There are some narrations that the Prophet praised the people who read the Quran clearly and beautifully. Once the Messenger of Allah said, "The person who reads the Quran in the best way in my ummah is Ubayy." (Bukhari, "Fada'ilu'l-Qur'an", 8) He said to Ubayy b. Ka'b, "Allah ordered me to make you read the Quran." Ubayy asked, "Did Allah utter my name?" The Prophet said, "Yes, He did." (Bukhari, "Tafsir", 98; Tirmidhi, "Manaqib", 33)
The Messenger of Allah also praised Ibn Mas'ûd, Zayd b. Thabit and Salim regarding their Quran reading; with these words, the Messenger of Allah encouraged the Companions to learn and read the Quran correctly; and he appreciated in the community those who strengthened their reading.
According to a narration in Bukhari, the Prophet asked Hz. Abdullah Ibn Masud to read him the Quran. Thereupon, Ibn Mas’ud said,
“O Messenger of Allah! Shall I read the Quran to you though it was sent down to you?” The Prophet said,
“Yes, I like listening to the Quran from others.”
Ibn Mas’ud started to read. When he came to the verse, “How then if We brought from each people a witness, and We brought thee as a witness against these people?”, the Messenger of Allah said,
“That is enough for now.” At that moment, tears were coming down from his eyes. (Bukhari, Fadailu’l-Qur’ân: 32-33)
There is information in hadith and siyar books that the Messenger of Allah sent the Companions who memorized the Quran and read the Quran very well to various regions as instructors of the Quran. That he felt very sad when the Companions of Ahl as-Suffa he sent to the tribe of Banu Amir to teach them the Quran and Islam were killed at the incident of Bi'r al-Mauna and that he bedamned their murderers for a month show the importance he gave to those who have a good command of the Quran.
Questions on Islam
- Were there any Companions whose Quran reading the Prophet liked personally?
- Abdullah bin Mas’ud (r.a.)
- Who were the people that killed Abu Jahl?
- Ubayy bin Ka’b (r.a.)
- The Last Days of the Prophet Narrated by His Close Relatives
- "The Companions did not start to learn new verses before they memorized ten verses and practiced them." Will you give information about the statement above? Will you explain the place of the Quran in the life of the Companions?
- Reading Text: Islam is a Religion of Ease
- The statements of Islamic scholars about abandoning prayers
- Is the ijtihad of the Companions regarded as a religious evidence?
- Some Other Important Incidents of the 9th year of the Migration