"One who holds steadfast to my Sunnah at the time of the mischief of my ummah will get the reward of one hundred martyrs." How should this hadith be understood?
Submitted by on Wed, 01/01/2020 - 10:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
“One who holds steadfast to my Sunnah at the time of the mischief of my ummah will get the reward of one hundred martyrs.”(Ibn Adiy, al-Kamil fid-Duafa, 2:739; al-Mundhiri, at-Targhib wat-Tarhib, 1:41; Tabarani, al-Mu’jamul-Kabir, 1394; al-Haythami, Majmauz-Zawaid, 7:282.)
The hadith above is sometimes misunderstood, causing some doubts and hesitations:
What is meant by the hadith is the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) as a whole but people sometimes think as if only one sunnah will gain man the thawab of one hundred martyrs. Such an understanding is contrary to the meaning that the hadith expresses. It is contrary to the principles imposed by the religion. For instance, a person who uses miswak cannot get the reward of one hundred martyrs just for using miswak. However, a person who makes the Sunnah of the Prophet as a whole a guide for himself can get the thawab mentioned in the hadith.
To sum up, “to follow a sunnah” and “to follow the Sunnah” are completely different things.
Everybody who practices the sunnahs gets the reward of one hundred martyrs based on their own degrees.
For more information, please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- "One who holds steadfast to my Sunnah at the time of the mischief of my ummah will get the reward of one hundred martyrs." Is this statement a hadith? If it is a hadith, how should it be understood?
- How is the state of those who hold fast to the religion at the end of time described in hadiths?
- Is there a hadith like "The scholars of my ummah are like the prophets of Sons of Israel"? If there is, how should we understand this hadith?
- Is the saying, “Whoever adheres to my Practices when my Community is corrupted shall receive the reward of a hundred martyrs.” a hadith and how should it be understood?
- Will the worship performed at the end of time be rewarded by Allah differently?
- 9. Sunnah (Way) of Hazrat Prophet
- Whoever held tight my Sunnah (the way of Prophet Muhammad) at the time of sedition in my Community, he will get reward equivalent to a hundred Martyrs. Is it a hadith, and if it is how should we comprehend it?
- Is the statement 'Husayn is from me, and I am from Husayn' a hadith? If it is, how should it be understood?
- What does Islam say about "Dental Health"?
- Life in the Grave is True