Is it true to attribute the cure to some stones such as (Aqeeq) ?
Submitted by on Sat, 11/07/2009 - 11:23
Dear Brother / Sister,
Some books were written about precious stones and by emphasizing that the Quran mentions “pearl, coral, ruby”, stones were regarded valuable. What is emphasized in the question is not about the financial values of the stones but being a source of cure.
When it is seen from this point of view, we do not know any stone especially and clearly emphasized by our religion. However, we know that people make medications from metals, plants and animal things and we all use them. They have been determined to be a means treatment by experience and their relationship with treatment is based on a reasonable and scientific ground. However, those medications are only means, reasons; it is Allah who gives the cure. To attribute the cure to those medications in its real sense is shirk (polytheism).
If precious stones have similar scientific, experimental and reasonable stories, there is no drawback to using them as a medication appropriately. Of course, as it is the case with the medications, it is definite shirk and kufr (unbelief) to attribute the cure to anything except Allah.
Questions on Islam
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Organ Transplantation
- Is organ transplantation Halal? What does Islam say about organ donation? Is it permissible to receive or donate an organ from or to a Non-Muslim?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- kohl to her eyes as a medication
- Is it permissible to swear / curse?
- Can you give detailed information about pictures and photographs?
- Why did the majority of the prophets emerge in Middle East? Were there prophets sent to all communities?
- Is applying kohl permissible in Islam?