Is it permissible for a son or a daughter to send an old mother or father who has an illness that is very difficult to take care of to a nursing home?
Submitted by on Fri, 28/12/2018 - 08:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the duties of a son or a daughter is to take care of his/her parents who need care. It is the duty of a son or a daughter to meet their financial needs and take care of them. If they do not take care of their parents, they are regarded to have sinned.
However, if a son and a daughter cannot take care of his/her mother due to a legitimate excuse, it is not a sin for him/her to send her to a nursing home.
Questions on Islam
- Why was the Prophet (pbuh) delivered to a wet-nurse? What were the extraordinary incidents that took place while the Prophet (pbuh) stayed with the wet-nurse?
- Can I get information about the high ethics of Hz. Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Is Hz. Ali a prophet? Will you give information about Hz. Ali?
- The Companions of the Prophet (PBUH)
- Tell me about Allah!
- What is the importance the religion of Islam gives to solidarity/helping others?
- Life in the Grave is True
- How did Quss b. Saida, the famous poet, inform people about the prophethood of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) and the true religion to come a few years before the Prophet (pbuh) was given the duty of prophethood?
- I am afraid of having children in this age. Is it appropriate not to think of having children due to the things happening at the end of time?