Is it permissible for a son or a daughter to send an old mother or father who has an illness that is very difficult to take care of to a nursing home?
Submitted by on Fri, 28/12/2018 - 08:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the duties of a son or a daughter is to take care of his/her parents who need care. It is the duty of a son or a daughter to meet their financial needs and take care of them. If they do not take care of their parents, they are regarded to have sinned.
However, if a son and a daughter cannot take care of his/her mother due to a legitimate excuse, it is not a sin for him/her to send her to a nursing home.
Questions on Islam
- How shall we tell our children about Allah?
- Sa'd Bin Abi Waqqas is honored by Islam
- How should a child be trained and religiously educated? How should we teach Allah to children?
- parents responsibility towards their adult children who live with them and partake in sinful behaviour
- Will you give information about the Prophet's love of children?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Are children supposed to be looked after by their father or by their mother after their parents have divorced? If mother is supposed to look after them, does father have to pay compensation money for children until they reach puberty?
- Can you give information about adoption? Does the child who is adopted become a stranger to the adoptive mother when he grows up? And what is the religious decree to remove that state?
- How did Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas become a Muslim and what kind of tortures were inflicted upon him by his mother due to his belief?
- Father, Grandfather and Caressive to all Children