Is it permissible for a Muslim woman to work as a midwife?
Submitted by on Thu, 03/09/2009 - 02:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible for a Muslim woman to work as a midwife. She can work as a midwife in a hospital, village clinic or health care center as long as she obeys the rules of Islamic dress. (Tasattur)
Questions on Islam
- Is it allowed for somebody who has committed adultery to marry somebody who has not committed it?
- What does fard al-kifayah mean? Will you explain it? Is working and learning ilm (knowledge/science) fard al-kifayah?
- What are the decrees of our religion about treatment? Are there any places where it is permissible to be treated with haram things?
- Can I read Quran without wudhu and lying down on bed?
- Is it regarded as haram for a woman to be a fashion designer and to earn money by designing and sewing non-Islamic dresses when necessary?
- We do not buy Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola thinking that the money we give is used by the Israeli army against Muslims. What will the degree of our responsibility be if we buy them?
- What is the criterion for extravagance and generosity? How can we distinguish between extravagance and generosity?
- Will you give information about arranging time?
- marriage procdure
- What is Risale-i Nur? Will you give detailed information about it?