Submitted by on Wed, 05/11/2008 - 17:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
Beads are something that is used for glorifying Allah the Most High. Using these bead are not innovation. It is useful in order not to forget the number of glorifications. Our Prophet (pbuh) advised to do glorfy, praise and to say Allahuakbar at different times, especially after salats (prayers).
The Companions of Our Prophet (pbuh) used to do this glrifications by counting their hands or by gathering small stones. So, it can be said that today’s beads which are used for glorifying Allah Almighty is similar to what the Companions used and a good custom as well.
Questions on Islam
- What are the dhikrs that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) made?
- Can a Muslim recite Allah's names in public by using stone prayer beads? Isn't it a Bid'ah
- Angels are the representatives of the glorifying beings.
- How should the Muslim creed and faith be?
- How should one day of a believer / Muslim be? How was one day of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- What does ananiyyah (egoism/self-conceit) mean? Can ananiyyah be unbelief and shirk (polytheism)? If ananiyyah is bad, why has man been given the sense of self? What should our attitude be toward egoists?
- Will the dwellers of Paradise see Allah (Ru'yah)? What is the view of Islamic scholars about Ru'yah?
- Prophet Dawud [David] (Peace be upon him)
- What are the causes that lead man to deception?
- The Flood of Noah