Are there any hadiths about quarantine?
Submitted by on Fri, 27/03/2020 - 14:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Prophet (pbuh) ordered those who hear of an outbreak of plague in a land not to not enter that place and if plague broke out in a place, he ordered those in that place not to leave that place. (Bukhari, Tibb, 30; Muslim, Salam, 92)
The Messenger of Allah wanted us to keep away from leprous people (Bukhari, Tibb, 19); when he heard that there was a leprous person in the delegation coming from Thaqif to Madinah to pay allegiance to him, he wanted that person to return and stated that his allegiance was accepted. (Muslim, Salam, 126; Ibn Majah, Tibb, 44)
The Prophet (pbuh) also stated that animals with diseases should be separated from healthy animals. (Muslim, Salam, 104-105; Abu Dawud, Tibb, 24)
Hz. Umar set off for Syria but when he was informed that there was an outbreak of plague in Syria, he returned. (Bukhari, Tibb, 30; Muslim, Salam, 98; Tabari, Tarikh, IV, 57-58)
Questions on Islam
- What did the companions do at times of quarantine?
- Is it qadar to remain in quarantine?
- Will you give information about Tibbb an-Nabawi (prophetic medicine) and the advice of the Prophet (pbuh) about health and medicine?
- Who said, ‘He who escapes from plague is like the one who escapes from war’?
- It is Proof for His Prophethood That What He Said in His Hadiths was Proved by Science Afterwards.
- Are those who die of Coronavirus regarded as martyrs?
- How were diseases cured during the era of the Prophet and the companions? Will you give information about preventive medicine?
- Is cupping/getting one’s blood drawn sunnah? If it is sunnah, is there a certain time to do it? Does cupping invalidate fasting and wudu?
- At the time of an epidemic disease, is it a sin not to perform Friday prayer?
- Did the prophet (PBUH) advise drinking camel’s urine?