One Supplication Every Week- 23rd Week
The following was reported from Abu Muhammad Ka’b b. Ujra:
“Once, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) came near us. We asked him,
‘O Messenger of Allah! We learned how to greet you but we do not know how to say salawat for you?’ Thereupon, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, ‘Pray as follows:
اَلَّلهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ، اَلَّلهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ
(Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa ala ali Muhammad, kama sallayta ala Ibrahim, innaka hamidun majid. Allahumma barik ala Muhammadin wa ala ali Muhammad, kama barakta ala Ibrahim, innaka hamidun majid.)
(O my Allah! Incline to Muhammad and to those who adhered to him as You inclined to Abraham. Verily you are all Praiseworthy all Glorious. O my Allah! Bless Muhammad and those who adhered him, as you blessed Abraham. Verily, you are all Praiseworthy all Glorious’.”)
(Bukhari, al-Jamius-Sahih - IV, 1802)
Note: “Greeting the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) is mentioned as follows in the supplication of tahiyyat: ‘Assalamu alayka ayyuhan-nabiyyu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu’ (O Prophet! Peace, Allah’s mercy and blessings be upon you!”
- What is the origin of the salawat we read in prayers? Who read them first?
- Allahumma Barik
- Allahumma Salli
- Can you give information about the five daily prayers?
- Will you list the supplications (duas) that are read in prayer (salah)?
- Will you give information about salawat with a hundred thousand or a hundred million effects?
- What is the decree on loving sayyids and sharifs?
- One Supplication Every Week- 47th Week
- The Sunnahs of Prayer
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?