Does it invalidate the fast to apply surma (eyeliner), to put medicine on a wound, and to apply ointment on it?
Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, narrates:
A man came to the Prophet and asked him:
“O Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings upon him, my eye aches; I apply eyeliner although I am fasting (Does it invalidate my fast?)”
Allah's Messenger (PBUH) replied: “No (it does not invalidate)” (Tirmidhi, Sawm: 30)
From the hadith (saying of the Prophet), the following rules are understood:
1- Applying eyeliner on the eye does not invalidate the fast.
2- The medicine put on a wound on the head or the stomach does not invalidate the fast as long as it does not penetrate into the body.
- Does it invalidate the fast to apply surma (eyeliner), to put medicine on a wound, and to apply ointment on it?
- The Companions of the Prophet (PBUH)
- Special File for Ramadan
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- The Four Ways of Easy Fasting
- Does smelling some food or perfume invalidate fasting?
- RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR FASTING
- Things which invalidate the Fast