Does it invalidate the fast to apply surma (eyeliner), to put medicine on a wound, and to apply ointment on it?
Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, narrates:
A man came to the Prophet and asked him:
“O Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings upon him, my eye aches; I apply eyeliner although I am fasting (Does it invalidate my fast?)”
Allah's Messenger (PBUH) replied: “No (it does not invalidate)” (Tirmidhi, Sawm: 30)
From the hadith (saying of the Prophet), the following rules are understood:
1- Applying eyeliner on the eye does not invalidate the fast.
2- The medicine put on a wound on the head or the stomach does not invalidate the fast as long as it does not penetrate into the body.
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- Does it invalidate the fast if somebody kisses his wife?
- When we need to travel in Ramadan, should we break our fast (before due time) or should we continue?
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?
- Does Vomiting Invalidate the fast?
- Five Bounties given in Ramadan
- Is it possible to fast in Ramadan without eating iftar (a meal eaten to break the fast after sunset)?
- 4. Makkah Period of Hazrath Muhammad