What is the meaning of the name Muhammad? Did the Prophet (pbuh) use this name for the first time?
Submitted by on Fri, 10/11/2017 - 13:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
The name Muhammad means praised many times, praised repeatedly and having nice characteristics.
Muhammad is one of the names of the Prophet (pbuh). This name was given to him by his grandfather Abdulmuttalib so that Allah and His slaves would praise him. It is mentioned in four places in the Quran.
This name was not used by any ancestors of the Prophet. However, some people used that name in that period.
Questions on Islam
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) declare his prophethood and call his relatives to Islam in the first phase of his prophethood and how did his relatives react to this?
- The Spread of Islam and the Divine Warning to the Prophet
- Declaration of the Prophethood and the First Phase of the Call
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Torah.
- What are the saddening incidents that took place in the life of the Prophet (pbuh) in the year called "the Year of Sorrow"? (the deaths of Abu Talib and Hz. Khadijah)
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Bible.
- Is it possible to find proofs for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible, Torah and Psalms?
- How old was Aisha (R.A) when she got married to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Are angels Allah's daughters?
- The Prophet is Given to a Foster Mother