Is it appropriate to commit sins but also to perform prayers? I started to perform five daily prayers a few months ago but I cannot keep away from some sins. However, I do not want to abandon prayers. Will you help me?
Submitted by on Sat, 03/11/2018 - 15:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
A person’s committing sins does not prevent him from performing prayers. As man performs prayers, he will keep away from sins gradually. You feel disturbed by the sins you commit. This is a good development. A benefit of performing prayers is saving man from committing sins in time.
Continue performing prayers like that. You will get rid of the other sins inshallah.
Even if a person commits sins, he gets the reward of performing prayers. It is not appropriate to abandon prayers by being deceived by the trick of Satan.
Questions on Islam
- What are the things that prayer (salah) makes man gain?
- Will you please explain the verses that order us to obey the messenger of Allah?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- What do you think about those who change their madhhab so as not to perform sunnah prayers?
- Life in the Grave is True
- What should we do to perform prayers in khushu’ (awe)?
- Is wandering of a woman without a headscarf an obstacle for her worshipping?
- Are the sins between two prayers forgiven? If yes, which ones are forgiven and which ones are not forgiven?
- What are the benefits of prayer for us?