Is it appropriate to commit sins but also to perform prayers? I started to perform five daily prayers a few months ago but I cannot keep away from some sins. However, I do not want to abandon prayers. Will you help me?
Submitted by on Sat, 03/11/2018 - 14:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
A person’s committing sins does not prevent him from performing prayers. As man performs prayers, he will keep away from sins gradually. You feel disturbed by the sins you commit. This is a good development. A benefit of performing prayers is saving man from committing sins in time.
Continue performing prayers like that. You will get rid of the other sins inshallah.
Even if a person commits sins, he gets the reward of performing prayers. It is not appropriate to abandon prayers by being deceived by the trick of Satan.
Questions on Islam
- What are the things that prayer (salah) makes man gain?
- Hadiths about Prayer
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- Is it permissible to go hajj with the money borrowed at interest? I am not well-off. Can I go to hajj by bank credit?
- Is it a good thing for me to remind my wife of prayers all the time?
- In what order should we read chapters of the Quran in prayer? Is it makruh to read them without an order? Will you give information about the lengths of chapters and the order of reading them in prayer?
- Can women enter the mosques where Friday prayers are performed and that have pulpits when they are in menstruation?
- It is said that there is no qada (missed) prayer in the Quran and hence there is no prayer called qada prayer. Is it true? Will you explain it with fiqh evidences?
- What are the ways of protection from Satan?
- What is the Sunnah? Could you explain the importance of Sunnah in Islam?