Can the existence of Allah (SWT) be proved with objective criteria? Is it wrong to try to prove Allah (SWT)’s existence?
Submitted by on Tue, 29/03/2011 - 11:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
As a principle, the religion of Islam is based on objective criteria which can be put across the mind. Hundreds of objective proofs/evidences are pointed out in the Qur’an for proving the oneness and existence of Allah (SWT). For this reason, the claims that are put forward that objective proofs cannot be used on the subject of Allah (SWT)’s existence are wrong. The interpretation of the verses given below would enlighten the subject.
- “Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.” (Surah At-tur, 52/35-36).
- “If indeed thou ask them who has created the heavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon (to His Law); they will certainly reply "Allah." How are they then deluded away (from the truth)?
Allah enlarges the sustenance (which He gives) to whichever of His servants He pleases; and He (similarly) grants by (strict) measure, (as He pleases): for Allah has full knowledge of all things.
And if indeed thou ask them who it is that sends down rain from the sky, and gives life therewith to the earth after its death, they will certainly reply "Allah!" Say "Praise be to Allah!" But most of them understand not.” (Surah Al-Ankaboot, 29/61-63).
Their messengers said: "Is there a doubt about Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? (Surah Ibrahim, 14/10).
- “Do they not look at the sky above them?― How We have made it and adorned, it and there are no flaws in it? And the earth--We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)― To be observed and commemorated by every devotee turning (to Allah).” (Surah Qaf, 50/6-8)
- “O ye people! adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness. Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto Allah when ye know (the truth).” (Surah Al-Baqara, 2/21-22).
- “If there were in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides Allah, there would have been ruin in both! But glory to Allah the Lord of the Throne: (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!” (Surah Al-Anbiya, 21/22).
Or who has created the heaven and the earth, and who sends you down rain from the sky?.... Yea, with it We cause to grow well-planted orchards full of beauty and delight: it is not in your power to cause the growth of the trees in them. (Can there be another) god besides Allah?.... Nay they are a people who swerve from justice. Or, who has made the earth firm to live in; made rivers in its midst; set thereon mountains immovable; and made a separating bar between the two bodies of flowing water? (Can there be another) god besides Allah?.... Nay most of them know not. Or, who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah?.... Little it is that ye heed! Or, who guides you through the depths of darkness on land and sea, and who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His mercy?.... (Can there be another) god besides Allah? High is Allah above what they associate with Him! Or who originates Creation, then repeats it, and who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah? Say "Bring forth your argument, if ye are telling the truth!" (Surah An-Naml, 27/60-64).
How can ye reject the faith in Allah? Seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return. (Surah Al-Baqara, 2/28).
- “Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the Night and the Day; in the sailing of the ships through the Ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;― (here) indeed are signs for a people that are wise.” (Surah Al-Baqara, 2/164).
- “Say: Is it that ye Deny Him Who created the earth in two Days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.” (Surah Fussilat, 41/9).
- “Among His Signs is this that He created you from dust; and then Behold ye are men scattered (far and wide)! “
- “And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts); verily in that are Signs for those who reflect. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.”
- “And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are Signs for those who hearken.”
- “And among His Signs, He shows you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise. And among His Signs is this that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.” (Surah Ar-Room, 30/20-25).
Questions on Islam